Family Law Attorney | Divorce Lawyers in PA
Family law issues such as marital separation, child support, divorce and child custody impact thousands of people in Western Pennsylvania each year. Successfully navigating the turbulent waters of divorce requires the skill of a Pittsburgh family lawyer with financial savvy and a long track record of satisfied clients.
Experience and knowledge count when it’s time to settle or litigate a family law issue. I apply my business school training to the arena of divorce law, assisting my clients to overcome their personal and financial challenges, such as equitable distribution of marital property, business valuation, asset tracing, executive compensation, professional practices, and alimony. My compassionate approach to family law guides our legal strategy in cases involving child custody relocation, grandparent visitation, and international custody disputes. My strong legal writing and drafting skills are engaged in crafting effective settlement agreements and convincing appellate briefs. For more than twenty years, I have been representing men and women in divorce litigation and settlements where complex financial issues were resolved.
- Top 5 Things to Do if You are Separating
- Divorce – Your First Legal Strategy Decisions
- Protecting Assets in Divorce
- 5 Settlement Documents that Divorcing Business Owners Must Have
- Protecting Credit in Divorce
- 10 Cash Flow Rules in Divorce (Part I)
- Dealing with Discovery in Divorce
- Exclusive Possession of Marital Residence
- Dividing Pensions Requires Advance Planning and Thoughtful Settlements
- 7 Myths About Divorce
- Do Not Let Divorce Dissolve your Family Business
- Who Needs A Cohabitation Agreement Really?
- Pennsylvania Alimony Factors
- Three Signs of Enterprise Goodwill in Professional Practices
Pittsburgh Family Lawyers
Being part of a great team makes all the difference. Since 2001, I have been a partner of Pollock Begg Komar Glasser & Vertz LLC, a law firm dedicated to the practice of family law litigation, settlement and appeals. Pollock Begg is listed among the top-tier family law firms by U.S. News & World Reports and Pittsburgh Magazine. Personally I have been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, Martindale Hubbell and the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Child Support Attorney| Child Support in PA
Click on the link to Child Support to read my analysis of the latest case law developments and news about PA child support. I have also provided a link to the official PA Child Support Calculator, which can estimate what you might pay or receive.
- Why is Child Support Based on Income, Without Considering Expenses?
- How to Pay Child Support
- Can I use Take-Home Pay to Calculate Child Support?
- Submit Medical Expenses for Reimbursement by March 30
- Six Most Important Child Support Cases
Custody Lawyer| PA Custody Laws
Click on the link to Child Custody to read information and news about custody laws in Pennsylvania.
- What is 2-2-5-5 Shared Custody?
- Relocating Parent Must Get Permission for Interstate Move
- Father Wins Primary Custody by Presenting a Well-Conceived Plan
- Custody Rights of Grandparents and Other Strangers
By Brian Vertz Google+